Saturday, February 12, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
I really, realllllly love the platform pump. I DO. Thank you for that. PREEEESH. I have PLENTY.
I would really love some classy, sexy slingbacks. Or some non-platform, pointed toe pumps. Yes, that is correct, I said NON-PLATFORM. I am an extreme fan of utter ridiculous heights..... but can we get some classics also, please?
Sunday, February 6, 2011
On the other hand, I really love them. Let me take that back, I love them because I hate other things more such as: being hot and sweaty (EW). I definitely cannot goto sleep if it is hot in my room. Living in south Louisiana, you sorrrrrta need it. I also hate not being able to sleep, besides the fact it keeps me cool, the sound of the fan usually puts me to sleep.
I also hate MY fan in particular, because the light on it does not give enough light. I have the worst lighting in my house imaginable. Clearly, someone wham-bam-thankyou-mam'd my house together overnight because it is lacking in many departments.
That is really the biggest problem. I have added lamps around my room, but anymore would be lamp overload.
SO. My options thus far..... Remove the ugly ceiling fan and install a nice light.
BUT what do I do about keeping my room cool? I was thinking a cool vintage fan would be nice?
Friday, February 4, 2011
I neither love nor hate Valentine's Day. I think it's a made up holiday that has gone way overboard... It is cutesy and can be fun, but doesn't need to be overwhelming. Honestly, there is no reason to stress over it... whether your single or taken. I love to celebrate, I love parties, and love a reason to decorate and have people over. So if I'm single, I'll invite the ladies over for an all too girly evening filled with champagne and chocolate and all things pretty. THERE IS NO REASON TO BE UPSET ON VALENTINES DAY IF YOU DONT HAVE A "VALENTINE", So grab your friends and enjoy any reason to celebrate life! And if i'm taken, it's a subject that I believe should be discussed. I know plenty of men who stress over what they should do for their lady on good ole v-day. I don't want my man to stress over something so menial, so I have decided to take the reign! I want to cook dinner and be in his company. All he needs to do is show up in good spirit (and maybe bring a bottle of wine.....)
So here is my advice to all you women out there:
1.Ladies, do not put your man under tremendous stress to be overly romantic on this one specific day.
2.Valentine's day is not a sporting event or competition of any kind, SO DON'T MAKE IT ONE. Don't compare how many dozens of roses you did or didn't get to the girl next to you, what is that going to prove?
3. V-day isn't just about him showering you with gifts. Go get some spicy lingerie and show him a good time.
Gentleman, my advice to you is to keep it cool:
1. Flowers are awesome. They are not overrated and it's sweet. I advise it. But honestly, I'd rather get flowers on some random day of the year than on v-day. Getting flowers on V-day is nice, I like it...but generally 12093803948 girls are getting flowers on the same day. Getting flowers randomly is like winning the lottery..totally unexpected and will totally make your lady melt.
2. You should not have to spend loads of money. PERIOD.
3. If you are dating someone, and you go all out this year, its going to be expected EVERY year after that. Keep it sweet. Keep it simple. Just let her know you would love a day to just spend with her. I advise starting a tradition that you can keep going for years to come. Something that the two of you can call your own and look forward to every year. That way there is no guess work, no competition, and is pretty much no fail.
4. Absolutely feel like you need to get a gift? Chocolate. Godiva. The end.
5. Dont completely pretend that Valentine's day doesn't exist. You'll really piss her off.
Anyways, sorry about my little rant, but I'm sure I'll have another post on the subject coming soon about dinner plans/recipes.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
here's the most recent...
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
- MAC Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone: A SERIOUS favorite. I honestly started using this product and within a week I felt comfortable ditching my foundation. Clears up the skin and minimizes the pores, leaving you flawless!
- St. Ives Apricot Scrub: I love exfoliating. My skin feels amazing after. This is a great treat for me, gentle enough for my sensitive skin! Plus its cheap.
- Olay Beauty Fluid: CULT CLASSIC. It's a bathroom staple. If you haven't tried it, then you are missing out. The smell is perfect: simple, clean and beautiful.
- MAC Cremewash: I am oh so particular about facewash. This gives the richest lather imaginable! So good that I sometimes use it to shave my legs! And I hate that "squeaky clean" feeling some facewashes give you so this is perffff.Oh and this will surely never leave your skin feeling dry!
o Close Second: Loreal 360 Clean
· Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Spray 70 SPF: I'm not going to lie, I always 'forget' my SPF... but I think this 'forgetfulness' is more because i HATE the way most sunscreens smell and feel.... until I found this. I can't even feel this stuff on me, not greasy and it's sweatproof. I apply this on my face after moisturizer (I never wear moisturizer with SPF) and prior to applying my primer/makeup and it doesn't affect the longevity of my makeup.
o Close second: Neutrogena Baby sunscreen stick... I'm a sucker for baby products. Nuff said.
· MAC lip conditioner SPF 15: keeps my lips soft and supple plus it comes in a few different tinted versions as well (and choice of pot, tube, or gloss).
o Close Second: EOS lip balm... because I love the convenience of the sphere.
Agree? Disagree? Any products I NEED to try or questions about other products I may have tried before? Comment!