I have not use this blog in X amount of time -- but I had a few people ask for recipes lately so I'm going to put this thing back in to use! Here's the first recipe for Cauliflower and Spinach "risotto".
One bag cauliflower florets
One bag frozen spinach (thawed)
One yellow onion
4 cloves of garlic
Half and half
Two chicken breasts
1. Dice onion and chop/smash garlic. Add to skillet with olive oil and cook on low heat. After five minutes, add raw chicken breasts (seasoned) and continue to cook on low.
2. Add a few spoonfuls of broth as needed when pan becomes dry or is browning. Stir.
3. Lightly chop cauliflower in food processor to resemble large grain rice.
4. Squeeze some of the excess water from thawed spinach
5. Once chicken is cooked remove from pan and set aside.
6. Add cauliflower and spinach to pan with cream, butter, Parmesan cheese
7. Cook down for about 7-8 minute
8. Serve topped with chicken and extra Parmesan cheese
I don't usually measure when I cook -- so as for the butter, cream and cheese -- start very lightly and add more to taste! A little goes a long way!