Monday, June 28, 2010

Hummus recipe!

I have made my best batch of hummus yet with one quirky little ingredient… Sunfower seeds. It adds a nice little nutty taste to it!

- 1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)

- 1-2 tbsp of tahini

- 1/3 cup water

- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice

- ¼ cup sunflower seeds

- sunflower oil

- 2-3 tbsp olive oil

- 2 tbsp minced garlic

- paprika, sea salt, pepper

First. Run the chickpeas through the food processor. Then scoop into blender.

Second. Run the sunflower seeds through the processor with the sunflower oil. Scoop into blender.

Third. Add the rest of the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.

* I’m sure this could all be thrown into a super awesome food processor or blender, but I have the worlds smallest food processor and a super cheap blender so I did it in multiple steps. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment