Tuesday, June 22, 2010

food! nom nom nom!

I had recently read about vegan overnight oats.. and was skeptical... yet still intrigued! So last night I made a batch and gobbled them up for breakfast this morning. SO DELISH. A perfect summer breakfast because they are served chilled.

I based my concoction off one from Oh She Glows.

I mixed up some old fashioned oats, vanilla extract, a smashed banana, flax seed, and a drizzle of honey! Put it in the fridge overnight, and top it with whatever you please in the morning! I added a scoop of peanut butter on top of mine, and layered some maple syrup in the middle.

Since I was pre-making breakfast. I decided to go ahead and make part of my lunch/dinner the night before too!


Chickpea Salad
- Can of Chickpeas (drained)
- Chopped carrots
- Chopped purple onion
- Drizzle of EVOO
- Feta Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Season to taste!

Then I marinated some cucumbers overnight in EVOO, Apple Cider Vinegar, finely chopped purple onion, Sugar, Salt, and pepper!

I added a whole-wheat pita tuna melt to the mix and called it a day.
I felt super energized today. Ran around and did some shopping, went to class, and hit the gym.

P.S. both the Overnight Oats and Chickpea salad are super filling! Try them!


No comments:

Post a Comment